October 31, 2010

Tiramisu: A Dessert Sin Everyone Loves to Commit


*Tiramisu/ˌtɪr əˈmi su, ‐miˈsu/ [tir-uh-mee-soo, ‐mee-soo] –noun. an Italian dessert with coffee and liquor-soaked layers of sponge cake ...

Dessert...Coffee...Cake...what else do you need to accelerate your heartbeat, titillate your senses and delight your emotion? 

I believe this alluring Italian dessert has been a key witness to numerous joyful moments and countless happy people all over the world, many times over.  Notwithstanding the post-enjoyment guilt typically suffered by the calorie watchers, it is one sinful indulgence that is very hard to resist even by the most dyed-in-the-wool gym zealot.  (Just admit it, no one's watching you!) 

As coffee is my paramount addiction, it was reason enough for me to whip up this non-baking cake, which I must emphasise is so easy to make that you would be wondering why you had ever paid that overpriced restaurant so much for it.  My other main motivation for making Tiramisu was to make a non-alcoholic one as my diet is Halal.  With mascarpone cheese in Australia costing a fraction of what I would be paying in Singapore, I felt I shouldn't procrastinate any longer (sorry, my country comrades but you folks got to try making this at home lah!).  

Making this dessert was so much fun, eating it later was pure bliss!  With my husband acting as my cameraman, I got down to making an instructional video on how to make Tiramisu just for you.  Enjoy!  

PS: The video was shot before I launched this blogsite, so pre-launch info on my food blog (which is this!) is obsolete.  


Ingredients:

4 egg yolks
2 egg whites
10 tablespoons caster sugar
250g mascarpone cheese
1 bowl espresso coffee
10 sponge fingers (savoiardi)
2 tsp vanilla essence
Good quality cocoa powder

Others
Baking dish (at least 6cm deep)


Preparation:

Watch video :)
      




*Source: Dictionary.com


Fearlessly Simple & Home Cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment