December 15, 2011

A Hiatus

Oh wow! It has been that long since I last posted on this blog. Where did the time go?!

Yes, I went into a hiatus of sorts. To cut a long story short, I fell pregnant and gave birth to a sweet cutie pie in Oct 2011. It was one of the happiest moments of my life! 



My pregnancy was pretty smooth sailing. Praise the Lord! I stayed active throughout the nine months but the thought of sitting in front of the computer to blog (and getting a cramp leg or two) did not seem like an attractive option for me then. So, I decided to put the blog entries on hold (didn't realise it would be that long!) although I was still whipping up meals right up to the last week of my pregnancy.  It didn't matter that I was standing in the kitchen for longer than a pregnant woman should. I didn't have a fussy nose or nasty nausea that typically comes with the pregnancy package to refrain from food and cooking. In fact, I remained enthusiastic about trying out new recipes.  My husband picked up cooking too, especially of dishes he adored. So, on days when I felt a little off tangent (hormonally, usually), he would compassionately take over the kitchen. God bless him for his kind help!

Despite my temporary hiatus, I am heartened to see that I now have over 7,000 visitors to the blog, who hail from all over the world. Some have left me comments and emails, which I have yet to reply.  My sincere apologies.

In between my new schedule, which consists mainly of feeding my baby, changing her diaper, training her gross motor skills and learning to identify the colour and texture of errr...baby poo...I am still, guess what? COOKING! So, yes. I'll steal time to update and resurrect the blog as much as I can. While doing so, I am developing a new skill - typing with one hand (while cradling baby on the other!).  We women sometimes surprise ourselves with our multi-tasking capability, don't we (this - the men still don't get it)? 

I wish to thank you for visiting my blog! 




Terima Kasih (Malay for ''thank you'').


Fearlessly Simple & Home Cooked

No comments:

Post a Comment